For 4 people
Cooking time 10min
800 g of girolle mushrooms
250g of Tagliatelles
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 glass of dry white wine
1 tablespoon pf heavy cream
Salt and pepper
1. Cut the earthy girolle stems, then put them under running water. Avoid immersing them in water as they will become saturated with water.
2. Peel and finely-cut the shallot and onion. Wash and chop up parsley.
3. Heat up oil in the fry-pan, put in girolles and add chopped parsley and garlic. Brown for 2 minutes, stirring gently.
4. Baste the mushroom-filled frying-pan with wine and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
5. During this time, heat a casserole dish with salted water then immerse the tagliatelle into simmering water, cook for the time indicated on package directions.
6. Add the heavy cream in the pan, gently stir and let cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Drain the pasta, arrange on a warmed plate then cover with pan-cooked mushrooms and its sauce.
Tips : If mushrooms are cooked on too high heat they will get a rubbery-consistency. Furthermore since girolles have a such a subtle taste, avoid using too much over-powering garlic and rather choose shallots which are fragrant but milder.