- 4 egg whites
- 120 g caster sugar
- 120 g of powdered sugar
- A few drops of lemon juice
For the coconut whipped cream :
- 1 can of chilled coconut milk
- 30 g of powdered sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 can lychee
- Coconut shavings
- Preheat the oven to 90°.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then once they are stiff add the lemon juice and caster sugar while continuing to beat. Stop beating for 30 seconds and then start again for another 30 seconds.
- Add the powdered sugar delicately with a maryse to the meringue then put the preparation in a piping bag and pipe 8 balls by forming a circle on a plate covered with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Take the meringue out of the oven and let it cool.
- Prepare the whipped cream, to do this open the can of coconut milk on top and then collect the cream. Beat it until you get a whipped cream, then add the powdered sugar and the vanilla grains and continue to beat for 30 seconds. Put the whipped cream in a pocket with a fluted tip.
- Pipe the whipped cream over the meringue and finish by adding the drained lychees and coconut shavings.
- Keep in a cool place if you don't want to serve the pavlova right away.
Ideal accompanied by our Gewurztraminer Vendanges Tardives 2018!