- 500g pork loin or shoulder
- 500g of boneless mutton shoulder
- 500 of chuck
- 1 pork trotter (optional)
- 1kg of potatoes
- 250g of onions
- 2 white leeks
- 2 carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1L of Riesling wine
- 1 bouquet garni
- 200g of bread dough
- salt and pepper
- Cut the meats into pieces and marinate them for 24 hours with ½ l of wine, a chopped onion and garlic, the bouquet garni, salt and pepper.
- The next day, cut the potatoes, carrots and leeks into thin slices, chop the remaining onions.
- In an earthenware casserole dish, place a layer of potatoes, half of the meat, onions and vegetables, then potatoes, meat, onions and vegetables again.
- Moisten with the white wine and the rest of the marinade with the herbs. The liquid should reach the middle of the terrine. Add salt and pepper and close the terrine with its lid.
- Wrap the terrine with a roll of bread dough made with flour and water.
- Bake in the oven at 170°C for 2h30.
Our Riesling "Les Natures" 2021 is the ideal companion of all Alsatian dishes.