For 4 people
Preparation 15 min
Cooking time 25 min
- 4 Williams pears or Conference peels peeled
- 2 L of water
- 260 g caster sugar
- 130 g dark chocolate pastry
- 25 cl (250 g) whole liquid cream
- 1 vanilla bean split in two and scraped off
- a little lemon juice.
1. Poached pears: In a saucepan, heat the water with the powdered sugar, the split vanilla bean with its seeds, and a little lemon juice. Bring to the boil.
2. Place the pears in the hot syrup, and simmer until they are tender. Check the cooking with a knife, it should sink into the flesh of the pears without resistance. The cooking time varies from about 15 to 30 min depending on the variety and firmness of the pears chosen.
3. Remove from the heat and leave the pears to cool for a few minutes in the syrup.
4. The chocolate sauce: In the meantime, pour the liquid cream into a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
5. Pour the boiling cream over the chocolate broken into pieces in a bowl. Mix gently to melt the chocolate and obtain a smooth and homogeneous sauce.
6. Dressing: Serve the pears (well drained) halved or whole, with a little chocolate sauce, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a little whipped cream, and some toasted slivered almonds.